Friday, December 6, 2013

'World chick', Baltic correspondent for LINDA.

For all Dutchies wanting to know more about what's going on in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania: I've got some news for you! Since several weeks I'm the Baltic Correspondent of www.lindanieuws.nl. This website belongs to the successful Dutch monthly magazine LINDA. by tv presenter and actress Linda de Mol. The tone of the brand is straightforward, short and clear and with a delicate hint of humor. The aim is to reach active and self conscious women and to show that beauty and brains can be combined well.

One of the website's sections is called 'Wereldwijven', or, world chicks in English. Here several brave Dutch women based all over the world report on the news. Even though I'm currently residing in Estonia, I also write about topics that concern Latvia and Lithuania since I've anyways lived there as well. 


I'm very pleased I can show my writings to a wider audience in this way. As a future journalist this is a great possibility to learn how to write short but accurate articles and to determine what's newsworthy and what's not. It feels good to shine a light on topics which aren't actively covered in other Dutch media, which was for example the case with the Russian import ban on Lithuanian dairy products.

Curious about what I've been writing till so far? Have a look at  

No comments:

Post a Comment